Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rest In Peace, Good Frank

I just received word that Fr. Frank Loughran died today. Frank was a Montfort priest who gave over 65 years of his life to our friends in Malawi, many of it with our sister parish of Namitembo. He was 93 years old when he finally was no longer able to minister every day. I had the exquisitely beautiful and sacred opportunity to help him say his daily Mass (privately), when I visited Namitembo a year ago.

He wanted to die in Malawi, where he had given most of his life. This picture is from a visit we made in 2004.

He was more than ready to go, and I know he'll look out for those for whom he gave his life.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Susan said...

Rest in peace, dear Fr. Frank.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Deacon Denny said...

Amen. Susan, I have other pictures of Frank, that others have sent me. You may have some too. If you're interested, contact me on my church email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home